Roman Reigns made his return to address his battle with leukemia. He got an amazing reaction that you could see meant a lot to him. He thanked the fans, admitted that he was afraid to reveal his battle, but said that their support made it ok and gave him strength. It have him a new purpose, and plans to use his platform to support those that need it. His update is that he’s in remission and he’s back.
- A genuinely moving segment filled with Raw emotion and the best news possible.
Ricochet and Aleister Black defeated The Revival. Black pinned Scott Dawson after Black Mass. That’s two weeks in a row for non-title losses for the Raw Tag Team Champions.
- This had great energy but was a bit sloppy. I’m glad the NXT guys are winning, but that’s two losses in a row for the tag champs, which I am not the biggest fan of. Hopefully we get a triple threat at Fastlane.
Elias was interrupted by Lacey Evans, who did her “walk out and do nothing and then leave” thing. Elias was then interrupted by Dean Ambrose, who said he was feeling positive and wanted a no disqualification rematch with Drew McIntyre. Ambrose made a series of song requests, then requested ‘Dirty Deeds.’ Elias tried to hit him with his guitar, but Ambrose ducked it and dropped Elias with Dirty Deeds.
- The match was ok, but the angle with Lynch really helped the whole thing as the brawl had good heat.
Snoop Dogg, Maria Menounos, and Stone Cold Steve Austin sent in pre-taped birthday wishes for Ric Flair.
Ronda Rousey and Natalya vs. Ruby Riott and Sarah Logan ended when Becky Lynch showed up in the crowd and tried to fight Rousey. Lynch was arrested and taken away. Rousey tried to get Stephanie McMahon to reinstate Lynch for WrestleMania, but Stephanie refused and reiterated that her WrestleMania opponent is Charlotte Flair. Rousey left the Raw Women’s Championship in the ring.
Kurt Angle defeated Jinder Mahal. Mahal said he was tired of hearing about Ric Flair and challenged anyone attending Flair’s birthday celebration. Angle answered the challenge and won by submission with an Ankle Lock. After the match, Angle suplexed the Singh Brothers.
Finn Bálor was the guest on A Moment Of Bliss. Finn and Alexa briefly flirted before they were interrupted by Lio Rush. Rush was trying to get another title shot for Lashley, but ended up with one for himself. This led directly into the next match.
Intercontinental Championship Match: Finn Bálor (c) defeated Lio Rush.Finn won with the Coup de Grace.
- This was a good match with a fun and engaging pace. Lio looked really good and crisp with Balor giving him a ton of offense.
Bobby Lashley and Braun Strowman were supposed to have a match, but Lashley attacked him before the bell. Strowman regrouped and ran through Lashley and Lio Rush. No match actually happened.
No Disqualification Match: Drew McIntyre defeated Dean Ambrose. Elias hit Ambrose with a chair, allowing McIntyre to hit the Claymore and win the match. After the match, McIntyre, Elias, Bobby Lashley, and Baron Corbin beat down Ambrose until Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns made the save.
- While there was no official reunion, the tease was good, I’d expect a Shield trios match at Fastlane.
Bayley defeated Nia Jax. After a distraction from Sasha Banks, Bayley was able to hit a top rope elbow drop and pin Jax.
- Bayley worked hard, but it was largely sloppy and disjointed.
Triple H and Stephanie McMahon hosted a 70th birthday party for Ric Flair, featuring a custom made World Heavyweight Championship belt. Special guests included Shawn Michaels, Ricky Steamboat, Kurt Angle, and Sting. Flair didn’t show up, however, because he was being attacked in the locker room by BATISTA. Batista asked Triple H if he had his attention now. Triple H ran to the back to help Flair.
- I liked the end overall, they paid some tribute to Flair, and did a good misdirection as I think most expected Becky getting involved, only to set up HHH vs. Batista for Mania. Overall, I thought tonight’s Raw was a solid show, with the great opening segment, some build to Fastlane, and the set up for Batista vs. HHH.