New Japan Pro Wrestling announced on Wednesday night that Will Ospreay will be unable to compete at Power Struggle on November 3rd in Osaka.
Ospreay was taken off the current tour due to a rib injury he sustained earlier this month in a match with Chris Ridgeway for Revolution Pro Wrestling on October 14th.
Despite being removed from the tour, New Japan believed he would be healed in time for his NEVER Openweight title match against Taichi in Osaka. They stated that Ospreay’s recovery has not progressed as quickly as hoped for and had to be taken off the show.
Power Struggle is sold out with the following card on November 3rd:
- Chris Jericho vs. EVIL for the IWGP Intercontinental title
- Tomohiro Ishii vs. Minoru Suzuki for the British heavyweight title
- Tetsuya Naito vs. Zack Sabre, Jr.
- Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi & David Finlay
- Kazuchika Okada & Beretta vs. Jay White & Bad Luck Fale
- Finals of the Super Junior Tag League tournament